Family Formation is a family-based catechetical program for families with children in preschool through Grade 6 with an adult formation component.
Transform the world one family at a time.
Family Formation is designed to help parents respond to the Church's call to be "the first and foremost educators of their children"* and to help families grow in the transforming love of God by understanding and living the Catholic Faith.
* Gravissimum Educationis, 3
Where in the world is Family Formation flourishing?
Check out the 2016-17 map to find the parishes who are doing Family Formation this year! There are many other parishes, too numerous to list, who are using the sacramental prep curriculum and other supplemental materials.
Looking for ways to build a strong
Catholic culture in your home?
Need ideas, as a DRE, to encourage
parents and enhance the lessons?
Follow along on our blog:
About Family Formation
Family Formation is a truly innovative K-6th grade Catholic religious education program used by parishes and families across the US and Canada.
Based on the principle that "Parents are the primary educators in the Faith" [General Directory for Catechesis (GDC) 255], Family Formation revolves around weekly family gatherings and home lessons. This shared learning experience spills over into the family's everyday life.
- A great Catholic curriculum!
- Brings the Faith alive through dynamic lessons, activities, and audios
- Follows the three-year liturgical cycle and points families to what is happening in the Church year. See complete 3 year topic overview.
- Is driven by Sacred Scripture
- Is faithful to the teaching of the Magisterium
- References the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Received the Imprimatur of Archbishop Harry J. Flynn of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis in 2007
Family Formation in Your Parish or Home
Are you a Pastor, Director of Religious Education (DRE), or a Volunteer looking for a family catechesis curriculum that helps families grow in faith together? Learn about using Family Formation in your parish.
Are you a parent looking for a tool to help you teach the Catholic Faith to your children? Learn about using Family Formation in your home.