Additional Curriculum For Parishes
Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion
Home Lesson Booklets for each of the two sacraments contain weekly lessons and all the materials needed for parents to prepare their child to receive First Reconciliation and First Communion. Together, parents and children will receive a solid foundation for understanding the tremendous gift of these sacraments. Also available in Bilingual format: English/Spanish.
First Reconciliation and First Communion Coordinator's Manuals contain reproducible monthly classroom lessons and materials for preparation of each sacrament. Notes to coordinators make it easy to implement the various aspects of sacramental preparation. Each manual is a one-time purchase, can be used from year to year, and includes outlines for parent meetings, parent letters, great supplemental activities, and much more.
While the sacramental program may be used separately from the Family Formation Program, ideally it is designed to be used in a parish using Family Formation:
- Children in sacramental prep meet in the classroom once per month at the same time Family Formation classes gather. These children are taught from the sacramental prep lessons instead of the regular Family Formation classroom lessons.
- There is a separate Home Lesson for parents to use in teaching their sacramental prep child in addition to including them in the regular weekly Family Formation Home Lesson teaching time. These lessons require approximately an additional 15 minutes per week.
"The Gift of the Eucharist" DVD
Receiving First Holy Communion is one of the greatest events in a Catholic's life! Follow 7-year-old John and his family as they answer his questions and calm his anxiety in preparation for the big day. "The Gift of the Eucharist" contains entertaining and informative lessons for all ages. Length: 20 minutes. Watch a Preview.
In addition to all the materials that have received the Imprimatur,
we also have two Catholic preschool curriculums for 3 and 4 year olds:
Sunday Celebration is a two-year classroom curriculum for preschoolers (3 and 4 year olds) that meets once per month during the Sunday morning Mass time(s). In order for our little Catholics to begin learning how to participate in Mass, they are expected to attend the liturgy with their families on the other Sunday mornings.
Monthly sessions include: praise and worship/prayer time, a saintly visitor, story time, and a related craft activity. Two coordinator's manuals (Year 1 and Year 2) contain all the information you need to implement this program. The manuals are a one-time purchase.
Sunday Celebration may stand alone but works nicely with the Little Lambs Home Lessons:
Little Lambs Home Lessons are to be completed the three remaining weeks of the month. They:
- Correspond with Family Formation Home Lessons
- Are written at a preschool level (See sample Little Lambs lesson.)
- Include crafts and activities appropriate to the younger Catholic
- Enable parents to be the primary educators of their children in the Catholic Faith
- Are easy to use and take approximately 1/2 hour per week to complete
- Are designed for preschoolers (3-4 year olds)
- Bring parents and children together as they study each lesson and then apply it to their day-to-day family life
- Reinforce Sunday Mass: these lessons reflect the liturgical year and immerse families into the life and seasons of the Church
- Are a great way to get your families introduced to the Family Formation "way of life"
If your parish is also doing the Family Formation program for Grades K-6, you may want to encourage your parents with children in the Little Lambs/Sunday Celebration programs to attend the monthly adult catechesis and formation session.
Learn about Pricing for Parish Curriculums